Children, seniors, and pets are particularly susceptible to extreme heat. Stay cool and hydrated. Please see additional information provided by Brea's Emergency Preparedness office.
Some tips to conserve energy include:
• Using electric fans instead of air conditioning when practical.
• Turning off unused appliances and equipment.
• Avoiding air-conditioner use when evaporative coolers or humidifiers are running.
• Avoiding operating energy-intensive appliances during early morning or evening hours.
• Limiting how often you open your refrigerator door.
For more energy-conserving tips and programs, including the Save Power Day program, visit: on.sce.com/tips.