War of the Worlds: The Radio Play
By Howard E. Koch
Based on a novel by H.G. Wells
Directed by Amanda DeMaio
Produced by The Curtis Theatre, with special arrangement from Playscripts, Inc.
Auditions – Monday, September 15th, 6:30 – 9:30 p.m., by appointment, Curtis Theatre
Casting: 5 men, 2 women, 18 and over. All ethnicities. Accent: Standard American dialect, East Coast (New York, New England dialect).
Those auditioning must have:
• Strong reading skills
• The ability to tell a story
• Improvisation skills and high energy
• The ability to interact with the audience
• Memorization skills. Although this is a radio play and actors will read dialogue, some memorization may be required.
• The ability to play a musical instrument is a plus
While the script calls for male actors, the women cast will set the tone for this iconic radio drama by introducing the piece itself, as well as contributing to the action of the main story.
Sides from the script will be provided at auditions.
Actors auditioning, please bring your calendar to discuss potential rehearsal conflicts. The cast will rehearse two to three times, per week, based on actor availability.
There is some pay.
To schedule an appointment, please call 714-990-7727. For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org