Commissions & Committees
Notice of Scheduled Vacancies
The City of Brea is currently accepting applications for the following scheduled vacancies:
- Art in Public Places
- Cultural Arts Commission
- Parks, Recreation and Human Services Commission
- Planning Commission
- Traffic Committee
The deadline for submitting an application for the scheduled vacancies is Friday, December 18, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. For more information, please call 714-990-7757.
Each of the citizen groups play an important role in the Brea community by making observations and bringing ongoing feedback to the Council Members. Citizen volunteers will also play a role in the conduct of governmental affairs and provide an important element in achieving the goals of the City.
Various commissions or committees will have different areas of expertise. At regular monthly meetings, they work with staff members and may be asked to review proposed new projects or to comment on activities already underway around town. While there is no compensation for participation on commissions and committees, the service given is meaningful to all Brea residents.
General Criteria for a Representative to this Council-Appointed Committee
- Be a resident of Brea
- An enthusiastic commitment to the betterment of the community
- Oriented toward service to people and sensitive to their needs
- Some knowledge and background in the areas of interest is advantageous, but not mandatory
- Understanding of the relationship with the City Council and the role of being an extension of the council
View an application form.
View a listing of current local appointments with their service terms.