Teen Zone 2020-2021
Hybrid Model Begins October 19, 2020
This year the After School Program has been modified to help working families who may need child care during BOUSD's Hybrid Learning Schedule. We will be offering a Hybrid program for Kinder-8th grades at the Brea Community Center starting October 19th*.
*Please note that this hybrid schedule and associated fees will only remain in place while BOUSD is providing a Hybrid Learning Schedule. Once BOUSD transitions to a full day schedule, ASP and Teen Zone will also transition to match the full day schedule. You will be notified once the new schedule and program fee options are available.
Hybrid A (Mon/Thurs at school &Tues/Wed/Fri at BCC)
Hybrid B (Tues/Fri at school & Mon/Wed/Thurs at BCC)
Registration will ONLY take place over e-mail. Please contact 714-990-7179 for more information on registering.
Once the program fills, we will be taking a waitlist and working to open more spots if possible.
Please note that:
- This program is only open to families who live in or attend Brea Schools.
- Transportation will not be available from school with exceptions to Laurel Elementary and Brea Jr. High. Laurel students will be walked FROM school to the Community Center by staff members. Limited van transportation from Brea Jr. High is available-space not guaranteed.
- Spaces will be limited.
- Participants will be placed into small groups and will not mix with other groups for better health and safety, activity planning, and educational assistance.
- Wi-fi will be available for all participants to complete their online programming and schoolwork.
- Strong health and safety protocols will be in place.
- Fun afternoons filled with indoor and outdoor activities.
- Staff members will NOT be providing tutoring or teaching, they will only be able to supervise and offer assistance where possible.
- We do NOT work with the BOUSD school district. We do not have access to teachers or school schedules. Parents must supply us with any and all relevant school information in order for us to be able to keep participants on track with their work.
- When signing up for ASP you are committing to the After School Program terms and fees until the program moves to a full day option.
- ASP and Teen Zone Child Care is ONLY available on BOUSD school days. Child care will NOT be provided on holidays and staff development days.
Grouping: We will not know what the exact groupings of our program will look like until after registration and we have a total per hybrid option.