The Brea Police Records Unit is comprised of hard working, civilian members of the Department. The staff generates thousands of pieces of data every year. Those records must be received, processed, transmitted and stored, and must be done so in a meticulous manner to comply with federal and state law, and to simply make the data useful for operations. The Records staff takes great pride in their work and are committed to providing exceptional service, both internal and external. Their workload truly takes a team effort and their success demonstrates how well they work together.
Welcome to the Brea Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Brea Police Department City limits?
- There are No Known suspects? If you have a license plate, video surveillance, or photos of a suspect or vehicle that can be followed up by investigators, the incident will need to be reported in person. Online reports are for documentation purposes only.
- This did not occur on a State Freeway?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed by Records staff.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Brea Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the incidents such as:
Lost Property, Thefts, Theft From Vehicle, Theft Of Vehicle Parts/Accessories, Traffic Collision Hit & Run - Non-Injury, Traffic Collision Non-Injury Report, and Vehicle Tampering
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Brea Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 714-990-7911) to file your report.
- What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
If your incident is an emergency, call 9-1-1. If non-emergency call (714) 990-7911.
- If this happened in another City, can I file a report using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System?
No. If a crime took place outside of the City of Brea, please call the Police Department for that city.
- What is a known suspect?
A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person, or where to find the person, who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in. If there is video surveillance or any other investigative leads, the report should be filed in person.
- What if this happened on the freeway or the interstate?
If this took place on a freeway or the interstate, please call the California Highway Patrol.