The Public Works Department's goal is to provide a wide range of maintenance and repair services to the community while providing excellent customer service.
The department consists of seven divisions:
- Administrative: Overall operation of the department, administering and overseeing the City's seven Maintenance Districts
- Building Maintenance: Maintenance of City buildings and facilities including the Civic and Cultural Center, fire stations, the Community Center, and all other public buildings.
- Engineering: Prepares plans and specifications, solicits bids and monitors construction work for City infrastructure.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performs maintenance and repairs on all City vehicles and equipment.
- Parks and Landscape: Maintains the City's parks, medians, publicly-owned trees, and other landscaped areas such as city facility landscaping.
- Street: Maintains the City's streets, roadway signs, sidewalks, traffic signals, street lights, storm drains, and sewer system.
- Water: Maintains the City's water acquisition, distribution system, and quality control.
Brea Trash Service
If you are new to Brea, sign up for trash pick-up by contacting the Administrative Services Department at 714-990-7687.
For customer service requests related to trash pick-up, bulky items, e-waste, or recycling, call Republic Services at 714-238-2444. Be sure to pay attention to the proper ways to handle various disposable materials.
For rates effective July 1, 2017:
Major Work Funded by Capital Improvement Program Budget
Various funding sources are used to meet public infrastructure needs. Projects are carefully planned and closely monitored through Brea's 7-Year Comprehensive Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Budget.(This is a large workbook document. Please allow time for it to load.)